Sunday 16 March 2014

More Blue Birds and Three Favourite Sites

Here are the other appliqued birds making up the six in my little Blue Bird project.  Today I reviewed several tutorials offered online on Youtube just to reassure myself that I was stitching properly.  I am constantly amazed at the wonderful array of useful information available with a few clicks on the computer.  Watching these people sharing their expertise is informative and inspiring but I do have to remind myself  that they are experts in their fields with many years of experience so of course, all their pieces are going to be efficiently and skillfully done. 
I want to take the time to share a few of my favourite online sites that specialize in needlework.  Here are three of them.
1. Needlepointers.com offers tutorials, videos and lots of free designs for an array of needlework.
 2. Haftix Patterns at cross.stitch-patterns.eu also offers many patterns most of which are free for downloading.
3. Bucilla Needlwork has an online catalogue to browse and they also have free patterns to download.
Most sites that offer free designs want to clarify that they must be for personal use only. I love these freebies and while I may not download any I often use the ideas in some of my own designs.  


No comments :