Friday 28 March 2014

Winter Sighing and Another Great Quilt Book

The Creek Trail Last Week

Winter's dinginess is everywhere, exposed today because of the slight rainfall that followed last night's snowfall. In reality it is still bleakly winter wherever I look, lifeless, no sign of a bud or leaf for encouragement. Not a pussy willow to be found.
 In fact, just the opposite, daily snowfalls are occurring even as we so want this season to end and the next to begin.  I guess just because we are saying we want it gone and wishing it done doesn't help.  It seems the whole country is feeling the same way...winter weary, I mean.  But I guess if this is our nation's current big worry, the weather, than really we don't have it so bad.

I wanted to show you this great book I found two years ago at a rummage sale.  It is the Better Homes and Gardens 101 Quilt Blocks and Borders.  I love it as the patterns are all full size and there are endless suggestions for how you can work with each block.  Everything is laid out in an easy- to- read manner and the book opens like a big workbook. 
Here is a page open so you can see just how effective the pattern diagrams are.  I am so happy with this book and given it more use than many others that were far more costly.  I think I like it because I don't have to fiddle around with enlarging patterns. If you can find it, I would recommend you add it to your quilting library.



No comments :