Thursday 17 April 2014

Bunnies and Peeps and More Alphabet Blocks

I just got in from going on a search for chocolate treats for some of the children in the family.  I wish I  was more clever and could think of interesting things to buy instead of the usual eggs and bunnies because I know they will get more than the usual quota of sugar this weekend, that's for sure.  Alas, I left the thinking about it a little late...

When I was little, for Easter, I would be given one of those flimsy straw baskets, the kind with handles that would bear no weight.  It always held one chocolate bunny, two eggs wrapped in foil and a few of those pastel coloured egg-shaped candies all perched atop brightly coloured, plastic straw.   I remember being delighted with it all and taking days to eat the bunny, always ears first.  I think the best treat these days is the Lindt Easter bunny, you know the one in gold foil with a scarlet tie around its neck but they are expensive.

 I used to enjoy any chocolate covered marshmallow eggs but I find they are so sweet these days I can't eat them.  I don't know if they've changed or me.  I love Peeps, yes I know they are very sweet...too many and you could have a sugar coma situation, but I love their name, their cheery colours and I always reuse the tiny boxes they come in.  They make great holders for sorted buttons or pins.

  I saw on Pinterest many imaginative ideas for using Peeps to make everything from cakes to muffins and they all looked like a lot of fun; I'm sure any child would love them.  I always think it is more special when items only appear at certain times of the year; it makes them even more of a treat.  I'm getting a little hungry writing about this...

Here is Block D  and E in my Crabapple Hill Studio Gardener's Alphabet project...


No comments :