Tuesday 8 April 2014

Growing Shawl and Spring...Better Late Than Never

This day dawned wet and windy.  It has been alternating between a drizzle and a downpour with everything looking dark and bleak; one of those days when you need all the lights turned on to cheer yourself a bit. The wetter weather began yesterday and I can see that the snow has taken quite a cutting.  My little creek is not walkable today just like that; scores of Canada geese have been flying overhead and my count of new birds at the feeders continues to climb.  The red-winged blackbirds have been visiting for several days and have been joined by a small flock of American goldfinches.  I now count about seven robins stalking the bits of exposed grass I guess eager for a worm or two.  Lots of mourning doves around too. Yes, definite signs of spring....better late than never!
I wanted to update you about the latest shawl I am still knitting.  The photo doesn't show quite how long it is but it is getting there.  I bought one more ball of the wool using my 50% off coupon at Michael's and I am thinking that might be enough.  While knitting last night I watched House of Cards and Call the Midwife, two albeit very different shows but ones we enjoy very much.   I always have a tear or two watching Call the Midwife, some of the story lines are very touching.  And House of Cards is interesting on so many levels; I find the husband/wife relationship particularly fascinating.  American politics is never boring that's for sure, both in fiction and reality.

No comments :