Monday 6 April 2015

Two Stitch Basketweave And Warmth Where Are You

I am still full from the wonderful meal we had at Daughter's yesterday...a combination Easter/birthday celebration that saw us sitting down to turkey and ham with all the trimmings and a Bailey's cheesecake for dessert.  I'd never tasted that before but it was surprisingly mild and light and delicious.  The sun was shining and young grandson had a ball chasing balloons much to the delight of his grandparents and assembled aunts and uncles.  It was one of those very nice get-togethers that will stay in memory; at least I know it will live on in mine.

My Andes wool is wound and resting prettily in my basket,  all ready to use...





And I have settled on a pattern for the blue Paton's Classic, above on the right.  It is a 2 stitch basketweave and is working up nicely and completely reversible. The pattern is simple, very simple but the effect is pleasing.
Here is a look at the beginning...




The pattern is a combination of knit and purl.  It is surprising how many pretty patterns there are with just those two stitches.

Cast on 20 stitches
Row 1  Knit 2 Purl 2  Repeat to the end
Row 2 Same as Row 1
Row 3 Purl 2  Knit 2  Repeat to the end
Row 4 Same as Row 3

It is making a rather skinny scarf but one that will be very long.  I have the pattern committed to memory but forget myself if I get caught up in a show.  One of the hazards of 'watching' t.v. while knitting.  At least on a scarf minor mistakes will be forgiven (I hope).


You have every right to be thinking what the heck is she showing me here.  I couldn't resist having a look at where exactly that chipmunk was dropping while I was watching from the window.  Here is his little burrow.  I guess the snow melt over the opening was his signal to come out.  Wouldn't I love to see the inside.  Come to think of it, I could use Hubby's Christmas gift, the gadget with the long hose that has a camera to see inside things.  Must remember to try that.

No comments :