Friday 24 July 2015

Summer is an Oil Painting


"Gladly accept the gifts of the present hour."

                                                                  Horace

I feel like I want to grab onto these days somehow to make them last longer and especially for them to stay here.  Summer, you can't leave, no you can't.



I'm so happy with the flowers I am showing you today.  All were begun from seeds in the greenhouse.  The above two pots with Marigolds and Geraniums are at the entrance to the house.
The Geranium is a soft orange shade and I'm amazed by all the bloom it has put out in short order.







A form of Cosmos and the bottom is Butterfly plant otherwise known as Swamp Milkweed.  I deliberately grew this to help out the butterflies and am pleasantly surprised by what a pretty, elegant plant it is.  Albeit, tall and spindly so suited for the back of a flower bed if you want to try this perennial.

Here are my scarlet Impatiens or Busy Lizzies as we call them at home. I am having great success with them this year as I did two summers ago.  I have them throughout two long flower beds and also poked into a few pots.  But I honestly didn't think they would all be the same colour.  I'm sure I bought packets showing different colours.  Like the lupins, a little surprise. What a gardener! :)



And in keeping with the flower theme today, here is this week's bouquet picked from around the property ( with Orchid lurking in the background).


 I am going to be away from my blog for a week visiting my parents and family in Newfoundland.  My parents are in their 80's now and daughter and I are bringing 20 month old grandson, their great-grandson, home for a visit with them.  I just spoke with Mom and her kitchen is already getting a work-out. Much excitement for all.

Hope you have a great last week of July, whether it is winter or summer where you are!

No comments :