I cut back all the geraniums and am happy to see bloom appearing so they survived the trip from outside to inside.
I had the best kind of mail recently...stitching mail which contained the
Marti Michell templates. No excuse now for improperly drawn pieces.
This sewist's mess
...don't know why but I always feel like I am 'putting on airs' to use the word sewist. Started to sew a sashing on the embroidered blocks, decided I didn't like it and took it all off again. The challenge is to find a sashing that will be colourful but not outshine the embroidered flowers. The search is on. And I think I will set the blocks on point.
A bit of experimenting and I have found the right Marti templates to use to make my 9 inch stars. This has made my life easier I can tell you. The blocks I made during the experimenting will be saved and perhaps used on the back.
Slowly but surely a project comes together.
As always what you can't see are the enjoyable hours I spent creating this mess.