Friday 11 September 2015

Heaven Spelled Backwards

Last week I was sitting in a waiting room and made friends with the little 7 month old girl who was learning to stand and walk around coffee tables.  Her grandmother said oh she likes you because she kept her eye on me while smiling away.  She had that sweet little face, one that makes the thought come, please, please don't let anything bad ever ever happen to her.  You know what I mean.

Anyway, I asked her name and was told it was Nevaeh and I said, that's unique and sounds so pretty.  The grandma then said oh it's a trend going around; it's heaven spelled backwards.
  I haven't heard of this; have you?

 I know parents are trying to come up with more unusual names and have succeeded in naming their children words that are both whimsical and bizarre.  I wonder who thought of Nevaeh first.

In the old days where I come from, ministers had the last say on a child's name.  If they didn't think it a proper name, they would refuse to baptize the baby so parents mostly chose conservatively and often biblically.

I'll say it again I think children are the true miracles on this earth as are all the living things and surely must be heaven sent.

Speaking of children.  Here is littler grandson decked out in his little fireman's raincoat.  He loves it.




And not to be left out.  Older grandson is now 11 and I bought him this for his birthday.  It is a Godzilla mask which he had asked for.  What can I say.  He is hoping to wear it for Halloween but I think it would be too scary for some kids. 




And anyway, it has an awful rubbery smell and I don't think he could wear it for long.  Which by the way, if you know how to lessen that smell, would you please email me.  He has  a small group of Godzilla figures which I think I showed you once so this will be part of  his collection. 

"Hugs can do great amounts of good... especially for children."


                                                                                                 Princess Diana

I can't believe it's been 18 years since her death. I've had a lot happen in my life during that time, that's for sure.
 Anyway, I believe in hugs too though I don't often give them; I'm not demonstrative I suppose, but I always love it when someone hugs me. 

No comments :