Tuesday 22 March 2016

Speaking of Splendid Sampler and a Floral Cross Stitch

I've been faithfully downloading the patterns for both the Snowflower Diaries and Splendid Sampler quilt and filing them in their respective files.


 I'm not sure if you knew the Splendid Sampler blocks, all 100 of them, are being included in a book by Martingale for sale later on.  What a great gift these free designs with multiple tutorials are!

Here is the Splendid Sampler link and here is the Snowflower Diaries Joyful World link.

This is a photo of Pat Sloan with the Samplers' mystery blocks which she hand carried to the offices to be photographed.  Precious cargo indeed.

pat sloan with blocks


It gives me comfort to know my patterns are there waiting for me.  I completed two of the Snowflower Diaries cross stitched patterns before getting a little sidetracked.

Recently I had need of a larger project to carry with me and dug out a kit I had in my stash.  It is a floral bouquet from the Posy Collection featuring a design by President Coolidge's wife, Grace, a very talented needleworker.

I am working on the upper right quarter presently.  This represents about two weeks work and I love the colours in the design.  Lots of raspberry shades that are appealing to me these days.
What a comfort it is to have a little hand work at times when you need to slow your mind and be calm.








At home and using my OttLite which is proving to be all it said it was.  I can't get over how I can now cross stitch at night without completely crossing my eyes.  Why on earth did I wait so long to make that purchase!

Speaking of purchases, I don't think I showed you my Valentine's gift from Hubby.  He often tries to tempt me with bargains and deals he finds online, which I appreciate.  When he spied fabric on sale, he had my attention.  



I've never purchased a collection of fabrics before.  My Farmer's Wife blocks are totally from what fabric I have on hand and I must admit it is a little scanty.  This set is Ambleside by Brenda Riddle.  I have it tucked away for the Splendid Sampler blocks.  Should be interesting.  

No comments :