Tuesday 9 September 2014

Sunny September Morning and A Homemade Gift

Walking Murphy today and the only thing moving about are the farmers on their tractors.  Even the road traffic was just farm equipment being loaned around.  I can't tell you how good it feels to walk a long country road on a sunny September morning, with enough of a little breeze to make the leaves shiver and cool your face. 
Murphy is loving these walks too.  She sits obediently to have the leash attached ( not easy for an exuberant Labrador who has earned the nickname "Diva" because she likes things her way)  and sets out with such a look of determination as if to say, don't bother me now I have walking to do.  Isn't it amazing how our pets can seem to convey their feelings in just a few signals that we alone note. But then perhaps I am reading too much into those little signals I interpret as eagerness or enjoyment on her part.  No, I take that back.  I'm pretty sure she loves our walks. 


 Part of my birthday gift from a friend...one of the best kind of gifts, homemade.  In this case, blueberry and peach jam.  What a treat on toast.  I will have to get out the bread machine and make a loaf especially to enjoy with this.  

No comments :