Tuesday 13 January 2015

Hope a la John Lennon

  I'm a big believer in hope, in how important it is as people that we cling to hope....hope that the world will be peaceful, that children and women will fare better, or personally that things in our own lives will improve or change for the better.  Here is a great article about the importance and influence of maintaining Hope.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beautiful-minds/201112/the-will-and-ways-hope




John Lennon



You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.









I've written before about the influence of the Beatles on my generation.  In their time they were bigger than Miley Cyrus, Katie Perry and Justin Bieber all rolled into one. 
 We knew about their charisma and ability to bring teenage girls to tears, but I don't think we understood how good the music really was.  I certainly did not appreciate the lyrics at the time and it is only now reading them that I think how solid the lines were. And timeless, too.

No comments :