Thursday 8 January 2015

DMC Embroidery Floss Fan

I'm stitching my Shiny and Brite project for a couple of hours each day.
A new development...have been having an ache in my neck so I've had to limit how long I spend with head bent over my cloth.  A sign of the age, I guess.
 But I'm aided in this effort a little by how dark the evenings are...I've given up stitching at night in the meantime.  Which is probably good for my neck as well as my stitches.  A little novel for me to actually watch t.v.

I'm a DMC floss fan.  In particular, I'm fond of the variegated threads like these...

And I really love the reds...


I think  these have very much suited a design like Shiny and Brite because the ornaments would show different shades of colours as they turn and reflect the light.
DMC has a wonderful site that is one I check out from time to time.  A link is here
                                            http://www.dmc-usa.com/
They offer hundreds of free patterns and tutorials on a wide array of projects. I also read the DMC blog by Emma who is talking Valentine's these days and includes a number of projects from various sites featuring a heart theme like the one below from the wonderful Stitching Dreams site.  I follow that site too by the way.
http://stitchingdream.blogspot.ca/2013/02/valentine-freebie-finishes.html

2a5fc92580aefaf1e31ef290a9ae7adc

2 comments :

Julia Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian Smith said...

Great piece of article about the embroidery thread. it always good to read about the interest as a professional. I also have read this one How Much Does It Costs to Digitize a Logo
to understand better the pricing factors of embroidery digitizing.