Friday 26 December 2014

My Best Boxing Day Buy

Boxing Day here in Canada.
 It used to be a day for visiting neighbours or family you didn't get to see on Christmas Day.  It remains a statutory holiday with all schools, federal buildings, banks, and post offices closed for the day.  The biggest difference from when I was young is now the stores are open.  Boxing Day has become known more for its shopping than for visiting and is one of the busiest retail days of the year.
Daughter and I decided to give it a go too and this morning found us circling the local outlet mall parking lot looking for a parking space. Even early we had to go to the far reaches of the lot to find a space.  To say the mall was busy would be an understatement; throngs of people popping in and out of every store.  Some of the more popular stores had to restrict the numbers allowed in so line ups were formed.
We spent a giddy couple of hours hunting down bargains and there were some good ones; finally loaded down with bags, we decided to call it a day.  My best bargain, at 40% off the regular price, was these slippers which I love and have been wearing ever since I came home.

 
 They are fleece lined which I need for the cool morning floors and have a foam tread for trips to the garage to get wood.  Plus, I love the appliqued flower motif.  I'm pleased.

No comments :