Sunday 30 November 2014

Jocelyn Can't Live Without....

 Jocelyn can't live without these three things. 


This title is a bit of a lie.  There's lots of things I can't live without.  Besides the air, water and food that sustains my every living minute, there is also family and dogs and books and health and eyesight and workable fingers.  My opposable thumb, that, I'm quite happy to have.  Okay, I'm getting a little silly.
So here are three things I really would rather not live without which I guess is a better way of phrasing it. 
  1. My reading glasses.  I can't even begin to think of how my life would be without them.  I'd have to somehow have everything six feet away and the print enlarged and needlework would be out; no too dreadful to contemplate would be the loss of my glasses.
  2. At one time in my life, I would have put lip balm on this list. I am one of those people who think they are addicted to the stuff.   I  have used so much vaseline and lip balms over the years; I've tried them all and my lips feel very, very dry without them.  I'm going to expand this to include all skin cream.  My skin is very dry and I seem to always live in climates where there is cold weather a lot of the year and houses are furnace heated which is also a drying factor.  When I moved here and spent the first winter with wood heat, I was dismayed to hear warnings about how drying wood heat is.  And it is.. Later in the winter, we'll have to place a kettle of water on the wood stove to put some humidity into the air to combat that dryness.  So I have to slather on the creams all the more.
  3. My slippers.  I have lived in houses in the past where you could walk around bare-footed, but most have required footwear.  This present house is absolutely a slippers necessary house.  On occasion, I've had to walk from the bathroom to the bedroom, or down the hall to put the dogs outside in early morning and the floor is freezing especially in winter. Add to this the dogs with their shedding and dirty paws, well, it then becomes  a gritty, cold floor.  
This is an interesting exercise to contemplate.  What big or little things do you think you can't live without?  

No comments :