Thursday 20 November 2014

My Version Of Lynette Anderson's In Full Bloom

I always love to find an embroiderer who is creating and sharing their own designs.  I was introduced to the work of Lynette Anderson a few years back when I was taking a stitching course at one of the local quilt shops.  At that time we worked on a block of the month project of hers called In Full Bloom.  Lynette is from Australia and creates small drawings of animals, nature, seasons and various settings.   These are often described as sweet or whimsical.
 I loved their look, and got a great deal of joy working on each of the twelve little designs and then piecing them together into a hanging.  They were stitched with a simple backstitch and we used patchwork blocks to finish the hanging.  Everyone chose their favourite block and I chose the Broken Dishes pattern.
 Here are a few photos of my finished product.



I had a heck of a time getting each of the circles to look round.  I wound up doing a blanket stitch around each one just to help them round out.  This is typical of me; I usually have a problem with one area and then cause myself extra work to get whatever it is sorted out.  But it all is always a labour of love and I was happy with the finished  hanging. It spent a summer on one wall in the living room. 

No comments :