Sunday 23 November 2014

Something Purposeful In My Week

"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."

                                              Joseph  Addison

Here is one of my 'somethings to do'.

 Once a week I am up early and on the road by six a.m. to make it to daughter's in time for her to start her 7 a.m. shift.  I refill her bird feeder which these days is feeding two gray squirrels that like it there so much they have made a nest in the big tree in front of her house.


Then, because grandson is still asleep, I sit back with a coffee and the ipad in front of the big window in her kitchen nook. There I can keep an eye on the feeder and the back yard.


And no, these photos are not black and white, this is just how dark it was that morning after an overnight snowfall.  It is a sweet little backyard with great landscaping and lots of flowers come spring and summer. That it backs on a pumpkin field makes it even nicer.


I enjoy a few minutes to myself and get caught up on Pinterest and let my mind float daydreaming of all the things I could make or do or cook.
A little while before grandson is awake and then it will be a flurry of what for breakfast, what goes in the backpack (which I still call bookbag), what for the school nutrition breaks, which papers, etc., etc. and a rush out the door.    
I love those mornings and the purpose they give my life.
Me, feeling thankful.

No comments :